Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekly Review/Preview & Fun Website of the Week! 9/25/06

Last week we reviewed matter - the four states of matter (solid, liquid, gas, plasma), the three subatomic particles (protons, neutrons, and electrons), as well as changes of state (freezing, melting, condensation, sublimation, vaporization). We will have a test on this material on Tuesday, 9/26. For review, try here and here.

For review of the scientific method, try here.

Also, try the Interactive Tutor at www.glencoe.com - we have been working on material from Chapter 1 and 2.

Finally, try the quizzes that I have already posted on the blog - if you do well on them, you will probably do well on the test.

The later part of the week will bring a review of the Periodic Table of the Elements. For a preview, click here.

The Fun Website of the Week:

Do you Sudoku? Sudoku is a Japanese number puzzle game. There are many online versions to try - here's one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs.Quenan! You have a very nice blogspot!I really like it, its nice and very pretty. I'm Veronica-S from 1st period.

Anonymous said...

hey Mrs. Q its Bernice-S from 1st period. I love the story about the panda, its really cool. I also liked your website, its cool too! Well see you in class, bye Mrs.Q!
said Veronica

Anonymous said...

More quizzes! I don't want to do more quizzes...

Anonymous said...

sudoku is boring... try go!
usgo.org or com or net not sure... when u learna to play it u can play it on yahoo with other players

¥Ü¥

Anonymous said...

Ms. Q, your a cool teacher so Im gonna study for my test in your class 2-marrow!!!(ha! jk, I study for all my test in all my classes!!!)

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Q
This is not a comment on your blog, but I just wanted to comment about the New Orleans Saints. Today is their first homegame in the dome since Hurricane Katrina. There are two sides to this story.
Fisrt of all I will begin with the bad side of it. All this money was spent on the dome instead of the cleanup of the city. Most of the homes that got destroyed are still there.
The good side of the dome being repaired is that the people of New Orleans finally get hope of being happy again. Everyone in the dome is very excited because they are looking forward for the Saints to give them hope. They also are bringing tons of people to the city because they all want to see the team play. The football team is giving the city a spark of hope and happiness. The people are trying to forget all the depressing thoughts and just trying to celebrate something they haven't been able to enjoy for a year and one month now. Secretly I am hoping the Saints will win.

See you in first period Mrs. Q!
Naomi Hofman

See you in 1st period Mrs. Q!

Mrs. Q. said...

Naomi - I'm taking your blog idea and turning it into a full post.

ji Han (and others) - let me know what you have trouble with so I can help!

I will post a "Problems Blog" where you can ask questions, and I can answer them - I had several online classes that did that, and I found it very helpful.

Anonymous said...

lol nice han lee!
my parents go nuts too when i fail a test.
well good luck even though u already took test :D

Anonymous said...

i checked out the site and its cool and interesting. i like to learn new things so i really enjoyed the site. cnat wait for next one.
luke the cook