Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Computer Lab - 12/18

Complete the chemical equation balancing activities at http://www.funbasedlearning.com/ - be sure to put your answers on your worksheet.

Activity 1 - Classic Chembalancer
Activity 2 - Review Chembalancer
Activity 3(AC) - Brain Boggle Chembalancer (only AC classes have to complete the worksheet, but everyone is invited to try!).

Finished? Make sure both sets of balancing worksheets are complete and have your name on them.

Things to do when you are done:

1. Element Quiz at http://www.funbasedlearning.com/
2. Element Games at Jefferson Labs - try Hangman!
3. Science Review Games at BBC Schools
4. Interactive Chemistry at BBC Schools

Write a comment about today's activities. What did you enjoy? What did you learn?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I REALLY LEARNT A LOT ABOUT CHEMICAL EQUATIONS. WHEN U SWITCH THE COEFFICIENTS AROUND U GET THE ANSWER AND U TRY TO MAKE BOTH SIDES EQUAL. THIS WAS LIKE A BIG CHALLENGE FOR ME AND I REALLY ENJOYED DOING THIS EXCEPT FOR THE TIMES IT SAID SORRY WRONG ANSWER TRY AGAIN.
I THINK THAT DOING THIS CAN HELP ANYONE WHO HAS TROUBLE WITH SOLVING SCIENTIFIC OR CHEMICAL EQUATIONS.

Justin said...

I really enjoyed doing the balancing. Only once before had i learned about reactions and how the chemicals are all still there but in different orders. I actually understood the balancing game! I am sooo happy. xD
But i did really enjoy that activity we should do it again! or maybe a lab!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy new year

hope u r having a great vacation

Mrs. Q. said...

I thought the online activity was very effective - I liked how you could see each molecule and what that meant for balancing - I wish I had that when I learned balancing the first time!

Thank you Aravind - so far so good :-) I'm only now getting to finishing grading - I've been busy - I got Guitar Hero and RockBand for Christmas, LOL!