Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Pluto - Not a Planet at All?

In the wake of the news about redefining the word "planet" and changing the number of planets in our solar system, I thought it would be interesting to revisit an argument from about 4 years ago - that Pluto isn't really a planet at all!

Read this article about the old controversy and another revisiting it in light of the new controversy!

BTW - thanks to Naomi in 1st period and Gabby in 7th for bringing this to my attention in the first place - I've been so busy with the start of school that I haven't been keeping up with my space news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess not, since it really is just a super big chunk of ice....kinda.....sorta.....not really....

Anonymous said...

I don't think they should've removed it,but just add to the solar system.Pluto was my favorite planet and its sad how its removed from the planet list. See everyojne in school ¥Ü¥ :)

Anonymous said...

i dont think they should of removed it either just becouse its made of ice or crystals doesn't mean anything look at some other plates they are made out of gases they should remove those too just becouse its the farthest and smallest and made of ice doesn't mean its not a planet.