Wednesday, July 06, 2016

What's New Wednesday - July 6, 2016

What's new this Wednesday? I have two new products in my Teachers Pay Teachers store (click HERE).

First, I have an activity for students learning about the path light takes as it passes through the eye to make an image in the brain.  It has two parts, a Cloze paragraph and a scramble activity.  I love Cloze paragraphs because the students really have to read and use their context clues to complete the activity.  The scrambled activity has the steps that light takes out of order.  Students can either cut them out, order them correctly, and paste into their notebooks, or teachers can laminate and use over and over.  It's create for interactive notebooks! See it HERE.

The second activity is a set of worksheets to accompany the movie Apollo 13.  I love showing that movie to my science classes, but my school requires that any movies are part of a developed lesson plan.  In addition to the worksheet to accompany the movie, there is a warm-up, exit ticket, and a Cloze paragraph (I told you I love those, haha).  See it HERE.

I also have a couple of FREE products - Heat Transfer and Crafting a Scientific Argument - Density.  The Heat Transfer activity will only be free until the end of July - get it now!  The Crafting a Scientific Argument activity is designed to helped scaffold the use of the "claim/evidence/reason" framework for developing a scientific argument.

I hope you enjoy the new products!

No comments: